Just because the weather is turning on the beach, it doesn’t mean that it’s not a great place to still plan a fall vacation, a Carolina Beach vacation rental for Thanksgiving is just what the doctor has ordered. If your whole family is planning on getting together for the holidays why not make it a trip to the beach? Palm Air Realty offers Carolina Beach vacation rentals, Kure Beach vacation rentals. Plus, we specialize in ocean front vacation rentals, and feature dog friendly vacation rentals. Cozying up with a hot drink, and a plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing while watching the waves crash on the beach is just about as relaxing and enjoyable as life can get.
What to Bring to the Carolina Beach/Kure Beach area
Be prepared to pack a little warmer than you would during the summer for your Carolina Beach vacation. But the beautiful thing about the Carolina Beach, Kure Beach area in the fall is the days are warm and the evenings are cool. They’re perfect for fun activities during the day, and you won’t have to worry about sweating and being uncomfortable. Then the night brings in fun campfires on the beach, or making a nice fire in your rental’s fireplace.
- Hoodies and long sleeves vs tank tops and t-shirts
- Pants vs Shorts (but definitely still bring shorts)
- Shoes vs flip flops
- Sunscreen – just because the air isn’t as warm, doesn’t mean that the sun still can’t do it’s job at burning your skin.
- Warm sweaters
What to Do in the Carolina Beach/Kure Beach area
- Fear at Fort Fisher Haunted Trail, October 26th 7pm-9pm, Fort Fisher Recreation Area, free admission with donations suggested.
- Trick or Treat Under the Sea, October 25-27, NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher. Timed Tickets, 430, 530, 630. Island of Lights Festival, November 23rd-December 31st. The island will light up in their best holiday displays as well as businesses and homes.
- 10th Annual Christmas by the Sea, November 24th, December 1st, 8th, 15th. 6:30pm-8:30pm, free. The boardwalk is lit up with festive lights, visit Santa, storytelling by the fire, caroling, and more!
- Cape Fear Festival of Trees at the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher, November 19-January 3rd 9am-5pm. Admission is one ticket to the aquarium. The aquarium space is transformed into an enchanted forest for all to enjoy.
- Cape Fear Kite Festival, November 3-4. Fort Fisher State Rec. Area 10am-4pm, free admission. Watch people fly their beautiful kites. You’ll see all shapes and sizes, plus an amazing display of colors while watching all of the kites in the air.
There are plenty more events going on around the Carolina Beach/Kure Beach area. Visit the Wilmington and Beaches website for more events.